(RADIATOR) Caching of 802.1x credentials, standard 2k gina

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Fri May 28 11:42:12 CDT 2004

Hi Jon,

On May 28, 2004, at 4:36 AM, Dunster, Jon wrote:

> Anyone know if theres is a way to prevent Win2k caching the login
> credentials on a PC.

This is a known problem.  (Microsoft actually claims that this is the
intended behavior).

> Seems that even after restart the workstation will try the last
> successful
> id/password !

Yeah... you can hack the registry and remove the values that way.  I
know someone that wrote a little registry hack to fix this, and I can
probably track that down if you would like it.  I know it's not the
most elegant solution out there, but it's pretty much the only one that
I know of.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll see what I can do.

- Terry

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au