(RADIATOR) 3Com Wireless Access Points

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Fri May 14 21:03:55 CDT 2004

Hi Jon,

I'll check the version on our 3Com AP.

Since I was just heavily involved in Networld+Interop testing, I can
tell you that at least one of the 3Com APs is based on the Accton
reference design, and their code has a VLAN bug that does not work
properly with RFC 3850.  I know that the 3Com AP I have probably
exhibits this behavior, since it is Accton reference.

Also, the following APs are Accton reference design as well, and either
exhibit the problem, or have exhibited the problem in the past:

Foundry IronPoint 200
HP 420
Extreme Summit 300
There may be others as well.

These APs all require an integer value to set the VLAN tag, but they
*SHOULD* be accepting an ASCII representation of the number as per RFC
3850 (For example: "40" instead of integer 40).

If this is indeed the bug you are seeing, you may want to look at the
script that was contributed by Matthew Gast.  I believe that script was
added to the goodies directory a few days ago.

- Terry

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au