(RADIATOR) 802.1x/Radius/PEAP/3Com 7250 AP/ MS Win2k PEAP-EAP MSCHAPv2

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri May 14 08:07:49 CDT 2004

Hello Jon,

On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:17 pm, you wrote:
> Hmmm, thought as much !
>
> Do you have a pointer to a 'step by step' guide to getting Win2k configured
> to work via eap/peap/chapv2 etc etc with your config files ?
>
> Someone suggested certificates needed adding to Windows ?
>
> To be honest I'm completely in the dark here and appear to be going around
> and around!

You should start with the example config file goodies/eap_peap.cfg

This will require you to install the root certificate certificates/root.der on
your windows client before authenticating.

Then configure your Windows wireless client for EAP PEAP.

There are a number of tutorials for configuring Windows PEAP suggested in the
Radiator FAQ http://www.open.com.au/radiator/faq.html

It is helpful to see your config file (no secrets) and Radiator log file at
trace level 4 before we can offer an opinion about Radaitor config issues.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au