(RADIATOR) Username Translation Problems

Arjan Waardenburg arjanw at kpn.net
Sun May 2 16:31:50 CDT 2004

> > Also I am having to use an Auth GROUP to do Authentication fallover and
> > I am experiencing a problem in that my AuthBy FILE user entry does not
> > have a realm name but my AuthBy SQL and SQLRADIUS do.  Because you can
> > only do Uername rewrites at Realm and AuthBy Group Levels and not other
> > AuthBy's I need to find a way to keep my fallover and still rewrite the
> > username before AuthBy FILE and restore it immediately after AuthBy FILE
> > and before AuthBy SQL.
> > Any Clues?
>
> Ill leave this for someone else.

You could use %U (see 6.2 in the manual) in the AuthBy FILE and %u in the
AuthBy SQL. Another possibilty is to put the original username in the
request packet in a prehandlerhook as a dummy attribute and use that
attribute in place of the User-Name attribute with of %(dummy-attribute)
(also 6.2).

wkr
Arjan

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au