(RADIATOR) Testing help with new Kerberos5 Auth Module.

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Mar 26 23:49:24 CST 2004

Hello Terry,

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:58 pm, Terry Simons wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I have been working with Steve on this project (though he has done most
> of the work! ;-)
>
> I have a few comments inline...
>
> On Mar 26, 2004, at 8:20 PM, Mike McCauley wrote:
> > Helo Steve,

> > Ive just tested your module with ordinary Radius PAP, KRB5 1.2.7 and
> > Authen
> > KRB5 1.3 and it works as you say. Nice work.
> >
> > The problem with EAP, is that the AuthTEST.pm you based your code on
> > is not
> > really designed to work well with EAP. However, I would expect your
> > code to
> > work OK with TTLS-PAP, where you had your AuthBy KRB5 inside your
> > <Handler
> > TunnelledByTTLS> clause.
>
> Would not having a TunnelledByTTLS clause cause what we are seeing?

Hard to be sure witout seeing your config file.
I think so, but thats just an educated guess.
I dont expect that your module would be able to handle the outer TTLS
authentication. When I tested here with a config file based on
goodies/eap_ttls.cfg (which does not have a TunnelledByTTLS clause), it
barfed when trying to authenticate the outer tunnel:

Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler 'Realm=DEFAULT'
Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: DEBUG:  Deleting session for anonymous,
203.63.154.252, 37
Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: DEBUG: Working in KRB5 realm OPEN.COM.AU
Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: DEBUG: Building principle: anonymous at OPEN.COM.AU
Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: INFO: Access rejected for anonymous: Kinit failed:
Client not found in Kerberos database
Sat Mar 27 15:40:36 2004: DEBUG: Packet dump:

but it worked fine when I used a config file based on goodies/eap_multi.cfg
(which does have a TunnelledByTTLS clause), like this:

Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: TTLS Tunnelled Diameter Packet dump:
Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: UNDEF
Authentic:  8<128>i<153>7<225>Z<236><249>q<248>6E9<171><213>
Attributes:
        User-Name = "mikem"
        User-Password = "fred"

Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'TunnelledByTTLS=1'
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG:  Deleting session for mikem, 203.63.154.252,
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: Working in KRB5 realm OPEN.COM.AU
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: Building principle: mikem at OPEN.COM.AU
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: Successful auth
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: Access accepted for mikem
Sat Mar 27 15:45:55 2004: DEBUG: EAP result: 0, EAP TTLS inner authentication
redespatched to a Handler

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au