(RADIATOR) Bulk AP Config

Bret Jordan bret.jordan at utah.edu
Tue Mar 9 13:49:21 CST 2004

All,

With Hugh's blessing I am making this announcement.  We have started
writing a tool that will allow you to make changes to all your APs at
once.  The idea was we needed a tool for our 802.1x deployment with
Radiator that would allow us to change the shared secret keys on all the
APs all at once without having to log into each one separately and also
allow us to reboot all the APs at certain times.

The tool as it stands (config-ap.pl) only works with Proxim AP-2000s
(due to the way we are checking the Net::Telnet response) and the tools
is very much in the proof of concept stage.  However it does work in its
current state.  The plan is to add support for various APs and
connection methods.  We will also be adding support for nested config
files (Apache style) so that you can have different APs and different
settings.   Also I need to mention (which is also in the README file)
that error checking and sanity checking is very primitive.

We welcome any patches, additions, comments, and feedback.

The code is now in CVS at sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/utahgeeks

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/utahgeeks/radiation-cloud/config-ap/

http://utahgeeks.sf.net <http://utahgeeks.sf.net/>

Bret

Bret Jordan                       Dean's Office
Director of Networking   College of Engineering
801.585.3765                 University of Utah
            jordan at coe.utah.edu

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au