(RADIATOR) Radiator Hardware

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Mar 4 16:43:57 CST 2004

Hello Amante -

Thanks for your mail.

Hello Amante -

On 4 Mar 2004, at 19:57, Amante M. Alvaran wrote:

> Hi! I would like to ask some few questiong regarding
> radiator 3.5 and 3.8.
>
> 1. What is the optimal Hardware specs that I can use for
> version 3.5 and 3.8 (i.e processor, memory):

The usual procedure I follow when designing Radiator systems is to look
at the anticipated load first, then design a system to cope with that
load.

In virtually all of the projects that I have been involved in the
performance problems have been in external resources, especially
database backends.

> 2. Is there a significant advantage if I'll be using a much
> higher or dual processor Hardware? How will I maximize the
> dual processor capabiilty of my Hardware in term or Radius
> process is concern.

A single instance of Radiator is a single process which will not use
multiple processors.

Many Radiator customers use two instances of Radiator, one for
authentication and one for accounting.

> 3. Do you hava a sample Configuration or procedure on how
> to do the multitreading if possible?

Radiator is not multi-threaded at this time.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au