(RADIATOR) NMAP and Radiator

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Thu Mar 4 14:10:08 CST 2004

Hmm... Just a thought.

You could use a post auth script to touch a file with the IP (or
whatever) of a machine that needs to be scanned, and you could poll the
file (every minute or whatever) for new users to be scanned... OR  you
could have a program like swatch watch the file for you, and kick off
an appropriate command to do your work for you.  Swatch has the ability
to watch a file for a regular expression pattern, and it can kick off
scripts with parameters from the expression you are looking for (so it
would be a cakewalk to have it just pass the correct information to
NMAP)

Swatch is pretty neat... I think it would work well for something like
this.  It's perl based, and it's not too hard to set up.

http://swatch.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

- Terry

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au