(RADIATOR) Radiator with accelerator

Daniel Verbarg danv at www.etginc.com
Thu Mar 4 07:47:21 CST 2004

We are implmenting a new "dial" accelerator that utilizes radius to
autheticate username and password to let the user use the acceleration. We
were thinking that the acceleration software could pull the
username/password from the DUN, but found out that its a MS restriction to
pull both username/password from the DUN. So the acceleration people have
come up with a possible solution and I wanna know how I would go about
accomplishing this task.
OK..

They wanna authenticate off a diff radius port for just acceleration
authentication on the same radius server that is authenticating dialup-users.
They don't wanna match username/password.. They wanna match username/IP. If
the IP matches the username that they dial-up with then it lets them use the
acceleration. Make sense?

So can I tell radiator to listen on a different radius port for just one
paticular client? In that, can I have a seperate AUTH clause to look in the
Radonline table to match username to Framed-Ip-Address? How would I go about
doing this? What Auth statement would i use etc?

Dan

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au