(RADIATOR) Re: RADIUS DBI problem

Bon sy bon at bunny.cs.qc.edu
Mon Jun 28 20:22:14 CDT 2004

Hugh,
	We resolved the problem. It's an embrassing story. A technical
staff doing the maintainence inadverdently rebooted the system. During the
manual startup process to bring up various servers, the staff forgot to
"source .profile" to initialize the environment variables. (This caused
the afamous errors about "ORACLE_HOME and NLS setting not found".)

	And afterwards each of us either do not know about the event of
system reboot, or totally forgot to mention that the system has been
rebooted ... and I happened to be in the former category and not knowing
about the system reboot until after I talked to that particular staff.

	In any event, "source .profile" took care the environment variable
initialization as we have set up and now everything is working fine.

Bon

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au