(RADIATOR) rewrite User-Name in access-accept??

Jeff Wolfe wolfe at ems.psu.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:26:04 CDT 2004

Is it possible to rewrite the username in the access-accept packet that
radiator sends back as part of an EAP-TTLS packet?

I'm specifically interested in replacing the outer username In EAP-TTLS with
the inner username.
I'm arguing with Cisco over accounting with EAP-TTLS, they claim the AP1200
listens to the user-name in the access-accept packet for the user-name used in
the accounting start and stop packets that follow.

I'm not so sure, but based on observation of the transaction with a sniffer,
radiator does not send a user-name attribute in the access-accept packet at all.

To make matters worse, when I use "AddToReply" to add a user-name attribute, I
get 2 in the packet; the "user-name=anonymous" I don't want and the
"user-name=luser" that I added.

My brain is fried at the moment, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to go look
at the code again. :)

thanks

-JEff

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au