(RADIATOR) multiple <Log FILE>

Bret Jordan bret.jordan at utah.edu
Fri Jun 18 16:18:27 CDT 2004

You have to make a bogus realm/handler and put all your <Log FILE> stuff
in it, not globally then it will work.  Let me know if you have
questions on what it should look like..  Then you can do exactly what
you want.  I have made a feature request to get a global logging section
that will allow you to define multiple Log handlers., btw.

Bret

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Stefan -
>
> What you have discovered is correct - the logging is done for the
> server as a whole and if you have defined multiple Log FILE's you will
> get multiple copies of the same logging information.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On 18 Jun 2004, at 20:09, Lengacher Stefan wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm an absolute newbie on Radiator. I just began working at weroam in
>> switzerland a couple of weeks ago and am already playing around with
>> your really good looking tool. Therefore i apologize if i ask stupid
>> questions ;-)
>>
>> Here we go:
>>
>> What we're exactly trying to do:
>> We want different Logfiles for different Realms.
>>
>> What i've found out:
>> We can use <Log FILE> for this.
>>
>> The Problem i reflect now is:
>> I've defined two <Log FILE> parts with different Identifiers and a
>> LogFile for logging everything and logging the realms that do not
>> define a Log param. In the Realm parts, i then set Log to the
>> according one. Unfortunately it does not Log correctly.
>>
>> The config:
>> ##################################################
>> LogDir          /var/log/radius
>> DbDir           /etc/raddb
>> LogFile         %L/logfile_proxy_auth
>>
>> Trace 4
>>
>> <Log FILE>
>>         Identifier lemylogger
>>         Filename %L/lemy_logfile_proxy_auth
>>         Trace 4
>> </Log>
>>
>> <Log FILE>
>>         Identifier wetestlogger
>>         Filename %L/wetest_logfile_proxy_auth
>>         Trace 4
>> </Log>
>>
>> <Realm lemy.ch>
>>      <AuthBy RADIUS>
>>              Host <snipped out>
>>              Secret <snipped out>
>>              AuthPort <snipped out>
>>              AcctPort <snipped out>
>>       </AuthBy>
>>       Log lemylogger
>> </Realm>
>>
>> <Realm wetest.ch>
>>      <AuthBy RADIUS>
>>              Host <snipped out>
>>              Secret <snipped out>
>>              AuthPort <snipped out>
>>              AcctPort <snipped out>
>>       </AuthBy>
>>       Log wetestlogger
>> </Realm>
>> #####################################################
>>
>> When i now do a radpwtst once with realm wetest.ch and once with real
>> lemy.ch then in both cases i see the log-trace in logfile_proxy_auth
>> and lemy_logfile_proxy_auth. But nothing in wetest_logfile_proxy_auth
>>
>> Is that because i defined both <Log FILE> globally and they get
>> therefore overwritten? This would be a bit exhausting when i have to
>> define each <Log FILE> inside every Realm definition.
>> Are there any other possiblities to do this (even easyier)?
>>

>> Regards,

> [...]

Bret Jordan                       Dean's Office
Director of Networking   College of Engineering
801.585.3765                 University of Utah
            jordan at coe.utah.edu

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au