(RADIATOR) 802.1X Authenticators - Common Accounting Problems

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Thu Jun 10 01:23:00 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I have drafted an initial (small) document subset that is going to be
incorporated into the University of Utah 802.1X Authenticator decision
making Best Practices.  This document will be our official test outline
for 802.1X purchases, and I thought I should probably share this piece
with everybody, since it affects more than just our university.

Hugh & Mike, I would be especially grateful if the two of you would
read over my document and correct any RADIUS mistakes, or tell me if
you think I left anything out, or maybe if I am incorrect in my
assumptions about something.

I would also like input from other entities that have deployed 802.1X,
or are considering deploying 802.1X.  This document addresses the
biggest concerns I have with 802.1X authenticators right now, and the
more vendors I test, the more I am concerned.  Nobody seems to have
gotten it right, and I want to know if others think that maybe I have.
;)

Anyway... here is the document.

Thanks!

- Terry