(RADIATOR) install radiator to a separate /opt directory

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jun 8 13:03:17 CDT 2004

Hello Tariq -

Most of your questions have been discussed previously on the mailing
list, so you should really check the archive first:

	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

You can run as many different versions of Radiator simply by keeping
them in different directories and doing a "cd" to the correct directory
before running Radiator there. On my system I use
"/usr/local/src/Radiator" like this:

TiTi:/usr/local/src/Radiator hugh$ ls

Radiator-3.7.1          Radiator-3.8            Radiator-3.9
Radiator-3.9.tgz
Radiator-3.7.1.tar      Radiator-3.8.tar

TiTi:/usr/local/src/Radiator hugh$ cd Radiator-3.9

TiTi:/usr/local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.9 hugh$ perl radiusd
-config_file /the/path/to/your/radius.cfg .....

You can of course use whatever directory setup you wish.

In the "radius.cfg" configuration file you specify DbDir and LogDir to
wherever suits.

You can set up the configuration files to use GlobalVar's for directory
locations and pass them in on the command line.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au