(RADIATOR) Question about Re-authentications and 802.1X

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Mon Jun 7 16:11:30 CDT 2004

Hi,

I have a quick question about re-authentication with RADIUS.

Is it possible to tell RADIUS to tell a NAS client to force all of its
authenticated users to re-authenticate?

I'm specifically interested in 802.1X authentications.

This seems like something the Authenticator should be the device
re-initiating authentication, instead of the Authentication Server, but
I was told by an AP vendor that this should be done at the RADIUS
server, which seems really really odd to me, but I want to try and
understand if that's even possible.

Thanks!

- Terry

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au