(RADIATOR) VLANs ? Anyone got this working ?!

Dunster, Jon Jon.Dunster at chichester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 03:30:06 CDT 2004

What I'm trying to do :-

WiFi clients using 802.1x talk through a VLAN enabled access point to
radiator.  Radiator configured for several sources of authentication.
Dependant on which of the sources of authentication succeed an attribute is
returned to the access point to set the WiFi client to an appropriate VLAN.

Problems I have so far :-

- It doesn't appear that Radiator can return attributes for the 'inner' user
(ie. the one you actually want!)
- Tom suggests that my Access Point needs to support 'dynamic vlans' to be
able to reassign the client to the appropriate vlan.
- I've configured Radiator so that the inner request is forwarded to another
(non EAP capable) radius server but it only sees 'anonymous'

So has anyone got this kind of thing already functioning (please describe
what make/revision AP's etc.) or any hints or help.

Thanks,

Jon

-----
This e-mail and any attachments contain information which is confidential
and privileged.  The information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au