(RADIATOR) Proxim AP2000 access points ?

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 17:20:40 CDT 2004

The AP 2000 APs don't support dynamic VLANs, unless something has
changed recently.

Furthermore, the 2.3.x and higher code is broken in that if you are
using an 802.11g radio, your SSID will no longer broadcast if you are
using VLANs.

Proxim claims that this is the way the code is supposed to work, but I
consider it a huge bug.

The other issue that you'll run into is that 2.4.11 code is severely
broken.  Turning VLANs on breaks the management interface.  We are
unable to talk to the AP with anything other than ping.  (I.E. No
telnet or http).  I have filed this as a bug with Proxim.

Hopefully that helps. :-)  If you need a more specific question
answered let me know.

Terry Simons
Network and Laptop Support
Marriott Library, University of Utah