(RADIATOR) Ascend-Data-Filter vs VENDORATTR 529 Ascend-Data-Filter

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jul 20 18:13:46 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Of course a much cleaner solution is to use cisco-avpair's to do the
> filtering properly.

I tested that way just to make sure it would work, but my impression
(given the outsourced ports providers we've dealt with) is that
Ascend-Data-Filter is a more accepted and widely understood/supported
filter format than the cisco-avpair method.  I'd rather have one filter
for everyone than have to configure cisco-avpair filters for on-net
customers and Ascend-Data-Filter filters for outsourced ports using
customers.

It sounds like the best solution for us is to just comment out all those
new VENDORATTR 529 entries in the dictionary.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au