(RADIATOR) Database access from hook files

Denis Dowling ddowling at office.alphalink.com.au
Tue Jul 20 00:48:50 CDT 2004

Just wondering if anyone has an example of how to get the database handle in
a hook file. I am currently just creating a new database connection with:

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:xxx', 'xxx', 'xx' ) || die "Could not
connect to the database: DBI:errstr";

There is a lot of code in SqlDb.pm that handles database failover and
timeout that would be nice to use as Radiator in this instance is configured
to fall back to a backup database if the primary is offline. I also want to
ensure that the hook file uses the same database as the Auth realm is using.

Regards,
Denis

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au