(RADIATOR) Validation of multiple MSISDNs against one user na me

Cockerell Martin (UK) Martin.Cockerell at O2.com
Wed Jul 14 04:39:22 CDT 2004

Hi Ingvar,

Thanks for the suggestion to use LDAP - I'll look into that further.
Unfortunately I think that I will still need to use username/password
validation as well as I only require this capability for a subset of the
users accessing our environment through a single access point; currently I
segregate the various groups of users into domains and only apply this
processing to one domain.

Regards,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingvar Berg (LI/EAB) [mailto:ingvar.berg at ericsson.com]
Sent: 14 July 2004 07:53
To: 'Cockerell Martin (UK)'; 'radiator at open.com.au'
Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) Validation of multiple MSISDNs against one user name

Hi Martin,

If you use an LDAP directory, you can have multiple instances of the MSISDN
attribute for each user. Index it for exact match (and probably uniqueness),
then you can get all the user details (like IP address) you need by
searching for the MSISDN in the request. And as the MSISDN _is_ the user
identification, you can forego the uid/pw stuff alltogether.
You don't need to do any special hooks, just specify in the Authby LDAP2
that MSISDN is the authenticator:
  SearchFilter (mobile=%{Calling-Station-Id})
and skip the username and password parameters.

/Ingvar

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify us
by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.