(RADIATOR) Update of Radiator-version

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jul 12 18:03:31 CDT 2004

Hello Kai -

You should be able to upgrade with no problems, however you should
always do some testing in the lab before making changes to production
systems.

I generally recommend using seperate directories for the Radiator
source code and running the executables from there.

Ie.

	mkdir /usr/local/src/Radiator
	cd /usr/local/src/Radiator
	mv /tmp/Radiator-3.9.tgz .
	gzip -c -d Radiator-3.9.tgz | tar xvf -
	cd Radiator-3.9
	perl Makefile.PL
	make
	make test
	**DO NOT** make install

Then run radiusd from this directory in your startup script.

This way you are able to switch between versions much more easily (and
switch back if you need to).

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au