(RADIATOR) Give IP by Calling-Station-Id

Peter Lindeman peter.lindeman at tpa-nl.com
Wed Jul 7 04:12:37 CDT 2004

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Can you tell me exactly how you want this to work?

Let me try to explain how we are using it now.

A GPRS client is logging on through the telco. The telco connects
through a dedicated connection to our radius server to authenticate the
GPRS node and gives out an IP address to this node. We now have two
pools defined (which are in MySQL) After a node registers on the network
it gets an IP and the STATE in MySQL is set to 1. Normally when the GPRS
node detach from the network the radius client will send an accounting
stop to the server. But of this does not come by for whatever reason the
  STATE will stay on one and an IP is lost. We cannot use expiry because
when the node registers only once. Therefore we like to make a coupling
between the Calling-Station-Id and the given IP address.

Another possibility is to first check in the POOL database if a
Calling-Station-Id does allready have an IP and give the same IP again.

I hope I made a bit clear what the problem is and what I want.

> In a standard "users" file you can do something like this:
>
> # define Calling-Station-Id and static fixed IP address
>
> DEFAULT Calling-Station-Id = nnnnn, Auth-Type = .....
>     Framed-IP-Address = a.b.c.d

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au