(RADIATOR) multiple AuthBy SQL clauses and temporary tables

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Jan 24 00:15:42 CST 2004

Hello Randy -

Radiator tries to keep the database connection open all the time, and
all AuthBy clauses refering to the same database will share the one
connection. If the connection drops for any reason Radiator will
re-connect automatically.

BTW - a much handier way of passing this sort of information around is
to add it to the current request, where subsequent AuthBy clauses can
access it.

In an AuthBy SQL you would use an AuthColumnDef like this:

	AuthColumnDef n, What-Ever, request

You can use anything you like for "What-Ever" and it does not need to
be defined in the dictionary.

See section 6.28.7 in the Radiator 3.8 reference manual
("doc/ref.html").

Then in the later AuthBy clauses you can access the attribute in the
same way you access any other attributes.

Also note that you can do *lots* of useful things with hooks - see
"goodies/hooks.txt".

Hope that helps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au