(RADIATOR) Called-Station-Id via MySQL table

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jan 12 22:03:38 CST 2004

Hello Todd -

Answers to your questions.

1. Yes you can use MySQL instead of a file. Note that the file
referenced by an AuthBy FILE is read into memory and cached, so all
lookups are done in memory. The modification time of the file is
checked before every lookup and the file is re-read if necessary.

2. See above for a file. For MySQL it shouldn't be a problem as long as
you have good indexes and a fast database server.

3. Accessing a database will be slower than accessing a cached flat
file. This is not usually a problem though and it is usually *much*
easier to maintain an SQL database especially if you are doing other
things with it.

BTW - you might also check your NAS vendor's support for
"pre-authentication" which sends a radius request with the
Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id *before* it answers the
phone. You can then cause a call to get a busy tone if you don't want
to accept it.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au