(RADIATOR) Upgrading from 3.7.1 - > 3.8

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jan 6 17:29:06 CST 2004

Hello Erich -

My usual suggestion is to keep the source distributions in seperate
directories and run "radiusd" from there.

Something like this:

	mkdir /usr/local/src/Radiator
	cd /usr/local/src/Radiator
	mv /tmp/Radiator-3.8.tgz .
	gzip -c -d Radiator-3.8.tgz | tar xvf -
	cd Radiator-3.8
	perl Makefile.PL
	make
	make test
	***DO NOT*** make install

Now you can run "radiusd" from the distribution directory:

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file
/your/configuration/file

This way you can keep the different Radiator versions and switch
between them to upgrade/downgrade as required.

You can also set up your startup scripts to do the same thing.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au