(RADIATOR) Radiator + Mysql.

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Feb 9 04:33:18 CST 2004

Hello Wesley -

On 9 Feb 2004, at 18:29, Wesley Hof wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Assume radiator has to handle a lot accounting requests, stored in
>    a mysql database. Will radiator open up more then one connection
>    to the mysql database ? Or will it use one connection to store
>    everything. In the second case, is there a way to force radiator
>    to open more then one connection then?

Radiator will only use a single connection to the database.

To use more than one connection you should use multiple instances of
radiusd.

> 2) I strip realms with the RewriteUsername option, is there a way to
> put the
>    realm in a variable. I store my accounting in a mysql database, but
> I would like to store the username and the realm in a seperate field.
> Is this possible?

Both the username and the realm from the original username are
available with "%w" and "%W' respectively.

You can use one or the other or both in your AcctColumnDef's:

	AcctColumnDef ORIGINAL_USERNAME, %w, formatted
	AcctColumnDef ORIGINAL_REALM, %W, formatted

See sections 6.2 and 6.28.14 in the Radiator 3.8 reference manual
("doc/ref.html").

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au