(RADIATOR) Proxied requests with forking ->lockup

Senkfeil, Carsten Carsten.Senkfeil at lambdanet.net
Wed Dec 15 09:05:22 CST 2004

Hello,

i am currently in search for a solution to the following problem.

We use radiator to proxy access-requests to an external radius system.
This radius does the access control for the users and if a user gets an
access-accept there, our radius has to allocate an IP for the request.

Currently we are using two AUTHBYs for this.
The first is an AUTHBY Radius that uses fork and synchronous and proxies the
request and the second is an AUTHBY Sql that allocates the IP.
Basically, this works but I am seeing quite a few "unknown reply received"
messages in the log which can't be good, I think.

And far worse Radiator locks frequently and refuses to answer any requests.
For radiator to come up again I have to -SIGKILL it. From the list-archives
I learned that this may have something to do with using fork but maybe this
problem is completely unrelated. If so I'd be glad someone has some hints to
solve this problem too.

Kind regards,
Carsten Senkfeil

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au