(RADIATOR) Seeking some database advice

Brian Morris brian at netspeed.com.au
Wed Dec 8 16:27:13 CST 2004

Hi All,

I am seeking some advice regarding the setup of the database tables for Radiator.

Specifically the accounting table as it is becoming quite large indeed.

We currently have a single accounting table containing millions of records which is getting pretty large.  Would it be more efficient to split this table into smaller tables (say one for each month).  The only reading done on this table is to display a customers detailed usage history for a particular month so it would make sense to me to split it into monthly chunks but I'm not sure if there would be any side-effects in doing so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,  Brian.