(RADIATOR) radiator not padding out short passowrd fields

Tariq Rashid tariq.rashid at uk.easynet.net
Tue Aug 31 09:38:55 CDT 2004

to continue the discussion on the lucent stinger which is sending out short
password fields (much less than 16 octets) ...

we suspect that because other radius servers work - they may be copying the
password from the radius packet to a zero padded buffer... which a
perl-based radiator may not... hence failing the authentication.

is this correct?

that is not to say that the radiator behaviour is incorrect - we know that
the lucent is behaving badly.

also - the radiators which fail these authentications is at version 3.5 ...
and 3.8 doesn't exhibit this problem. is this an issue that is known to have
been fixed since that version?

tariq

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au