(RADIATOR) Help getting EAP-TTLS working with HP 420 & Linksys WPC54G

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Aug 30 23:42:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 09:32:05PM -0600, Terry Simons wrote:

> WPA support in Linux is very shaky at this point, so you should
> probably get things working without the TKIP, if you are using Linux,
> to verify that everything is configured properly.

I would have to disagree with that statement. wpa_supplicant works quite
nicely with number of wireless cards on Linux. Yes, it may require more
steps than on Windows/Mac, but I would say it's far from being "very
shaky". Assuming the driver has support for WPA, difference between
IEEE 802.1X and WPA is quite minimal (one line in configuration) when
using wpa_supplicant both for EAP and WPA negotiations..

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au