(RADIATOR) Migration from GNU-Radius to Radiator

Carlson Per Per.Carlson at banetele.com
Thu Aug 19 03:13:29 CDT 2004

Hi.

I do have an working GNU-Radius implementation that I'm trying to
migrate to Radiator. All authentication and authorization information
is in an MySQL-database. The obstacle I've hit (so far), is the very
different way GNU-radius and Radiator handles Reply-Attributes.

The objective is to do AAA for a MPLS VPN enabled BRAS. When a user
authenticates, the Radius-server must reply with attributes that
put the user in the correct VRF, as well as inject some Frame-Routes.
The Framed-Routes is tightly connected with the user, but the VRF-
information is dependent on the NAS-IP. The username is written
on this format 'user at vrf.domain', where the 'user' and 'vrf' tuple
is unique.

With GNU-Radius, this is accomplished with two separate SQL-tables,
one for per-user information (Password and Framed-Routes) and one for
per-nas information (VSA's to enter the correct VRF). The SQL-statement
that pulls this information from the SQL-server has got two SELECT-
clauses that's UNIONed together. The first SELECT-clause uses
the 'user' and 'vrf' in the WHERE-statement, and the second part
uses the 'NAS-IP' and 'vrf'. With GNU-Radius, this works perfectly
because it accepts multi-lined replies from SQL.

Is there a way to achieve that same thing with Radiator?

Per

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au