(RADIATOR) Radius accounting

António Fernandes afernandes at egp.up.pt
Tue Aug 17 04:56:54 CDT 2004

Hi Hugh,
Olá Nuno,

I'm currently working with the same environment and the accounting packets
come through with octects in and out.

As for DHCP server, I've come up with the following conf that I would like
to validate with you. The purpose is for the Radiator get the IP from the
DHCP (avoiding IP conflicts on a shared wired network) and then deliver it
to the client...
Is there anything I should take into account? Another thing: if is set
"AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept" does the last AuthBy getIPbyDHCP runs?
Should I place "AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept"? How would the following
AuthBy behave in that scenario?

<AddressAllocator DHCP>
        Identifier DHCPallocator
        # This is the target DHCP server
        Host 192.168.100.1
        DefaultLease 3600
        # This is the attribute to use for the DHCP server Client-Identifier
field
        # Defaults to %{User-Name}
        #DHCPClientIdentifier %{User-Name}
        # ver
http://www.mail-archive.com/dhcp-server@fugue.com/msg00303.html
        ServerPort 67
        ClientPort 68
        #SubnetSelectionOption 118
        SubnetSelectionOption 211
</AddressAllocator>
<AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
        Identifier getIPbyDHCP
        AddressAllocator DHCPallocator
# The users file must have a field
# PoolHint = 192.168.101.1
        PoolHint %{Reply:PoolHint}
        MapAttribute yiaddr, Framed-IP-Address
        MapAttribute subnetmask, Framed-IP-Netmask
        StripFromReply PoolHint

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1, Client-Identifier=LocalAPs>
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\._\@-
        SessionDatabase session_MYSQL
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept