(RADIATOR) radwho.cgi (Could not connect to database )

MJ php at cyberia.net.sa
Sun Aug 15 09:38:51 CDT 2004

Hi,
I have created the RADONLINE table on the oracle database and the necessary changes in the cfg file to keep online users information in the RADONLINE table, it seems working fine as I am getting the result when I run query, "select * from radonline;". Further I am working to enable radwho.cgi on a remote machine (Oracle is running on server A, Radiator is on Server B, and the webserver with CGI support is on Server C.

I have oracle client installed on the webserver and I can connect to the remote oracle database using sqlplus without any problem. Initially while I was trying to access http://webserver/cgi-cbin/radwho.cgi I was getting all the Headings and static messages but it was not showing any user as online even there were active users. I checked the error_log of Apache and found the following error.

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/5.00503 /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /var/apache/cgi-bin/radwho.cgi line 217.

Then I changed the first line of radwho.cgi from "#!/usr/bin/perl" to "#!/usr/local/bin/perl" as I have installed newer version (5.8.3) of perl in /usr/local/bin. After this change,  in the browser I am getting the following error:

Fatal Error
A serious problem was encountered:
Could not connect to database

I checked the error_log of Apache and found the following error:

ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
DBI connect('imsmaster','ims',...) failed: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12514 (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach) at /var/apache/cgi-bin/radwho.cgi line 226

I repeated the above two tests on the same machien where Radiator is running (Server B) but I got exactly same errors. Please note that I can access remote oracle database from both of these server which I used as webservers using the same following DBSource

$DBSource = 'dbi:Oracle:imsmaster';
$DBUsername = 'ims';
$DBAuth = 'xxx';.

Please help.