(RADIATOR) Should be EAP-TTLS working with inner authentication MSCHAPV2??

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Thu Aug 5 06:30:00 CDT 2004

Hello,
I'm testing what authentication mechanisms are working for our combination of
Cisco AP 1230, Radiator and client software. At this moment I'm playing with
XSupplicant v1.0 for Linux. I successfuly tested EAP-TTLS wit inner
authentication methods: PAP, CHAP, MSCHAP. But MSCHAPV2 isn't working! For
some strange reason Radiator says that there is problem with password. But
password is always same.

I'm sort of confused, this combination is showed in XSupplicant configuration
examples so it should be working.

Thanks for any help.

XSupplicant configuration is bellow, log from Radiator is attached, it's
configuration too.

XSupplicant configuration:

network_list = all
default_netname = eduroam
startup_command = <BEGIN_COMMAND>echo "START"<END_COMMAND>
reauth_command = <BEGIN_COMMAND>echo "authenticated user %i"<END_COMMAND>
#logfile = /var/log/xsupplicant.log
allow_interfaces = wlan0
#allow_interfaces = eth1
eduroam
{
  type = wireless
#  allow_types = eap-ttls
  identity = <BEGIN_ID>semik at cesnet.cz<END_ID>
#  eap-md5 {
#        password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
#  }
#  eap_tls {
#     user_cert = /root/JanTomasek.crt.pem
#     user_key  = /root/JanTomasek.clear-key.pem
#     #user_key_pass = <BEGIN_PASS>password for user-key.pem<END_PASS>
#     root_cert = /etc/1x/cca.pem.crt
#     #crl_dir = /home/user/certificates/revoked
#     #cncheck = mynet.net
#     #cnexact = no
#     chunk_size = 1398
#     random_file = /dev/urandom
#     session_resume = no
#  }
#  eap-mschapv2 {
#      password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
#  }
#  eap-peap {
#    root_cert = /etc/1x/cca.pem.crt
#     chunk_size = 1398
#     random_file = /dev/urandom
#     #cncheck = radiusserver.mynet.net
#     #cnexact = yes
#     session_resume = no
#
#    eap-mschapv2 {
#       username = <BEGIN_UNAME>semik at cesnet.cz<END_UNAME>
#       password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
#    }
#  }
  eap-ttls {
      root_cert = /etc/1x/cca.pem.crt
      chunk_size = 1398
      random_file = /dev/urandom
      phase2_type = mschap
      pap {
        username = <BEGIN_UNAME>semik at cesnet.cz<END_UNAME>
        password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
      }
      chap {
        username = <BEGIN_UNAME>semik at cesnet.cz<END_UNAME>
        password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
      }
      mschap {
        username = <BEGIN_UNAME>semik at cesnet.cz<END_UNAME>
        password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
      }
      mschapv2 {
        username = <BEGIN_UNAME>semik at cesnet.cz<END_UNAME>
        password = <BEGIN_PASS>heslo<END_PASS>
      }
  }
}

- --
Jan Tomasek aka Semik           work: CESNET, z.s.p.o.
http://www.tomasek.cz/                Zikova 4, 160 00 Praha 6
                                      Czech Republic
phone(work): +420 2 2435 5279         http://www.cesnet.cz/