(RADIATOR) How to make Authby File work?

Joseph Gamboa jgamboa at norcomcable.ca
Tue Sep 23 15:33:47 CDT 2003

Hello group!

I am currently evaluating radiator and am running it on a Windows NT server.  I am also testing it with an Orinoco AP 500. I am trying out the authby file (flat text file) - radius.cfg file & users file in text below.

My problem is that when I turn on my laptop, my orinoco wireless card's mac address is being logged in automatically.  I have to put in my wireless card's MAC address in the "users" file and give it a password.  Otherwise, I don't get access (access denied) as soon as I turn on my computer.  Am using Windows XP Pro as an OS on my laptop.

Is there a way wherein some sort of a log in window can popup and a user will type in his/her username & password and radiator will authenticate this based on the "users" flat file?

###  This is my radius.cfg file:
Foreground
LogStdout
LogDir  c:/Program Files/Radiator
DbDir  c:/Program Files/Radiator

# This will log at DEBUG level: very verbose
# User a lower trace level in production systems, typically use 3
Trace   4

AuthPort 1812

AcctPort 1813

<Client 192.168.1.119>
 Secret xxxxxxxx
 DupInterval 0
</Client>

#<Client DEFAULT>
# Secret mysecret
# DupInterval 0
#</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>
 # Look up user details in a flat file
 <AuthBy FILE>
  # %D is replaced by DbDir above
  Filename %D/users
 </AuthBy>

 # Log accounting to a detail file. %D is replaced by DbDir above
 AcctLogFileName %D/detail
</Realm>

###  This is my users file:
mikem User-Password=fred
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

joseph User-Password=xxxxxxxx
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

00022d-640762 User-Password=xxxxxxxx
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Yours truly,

Joseph E. Gamboa