(RADIATOR) MaxSessions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Sep 21 18:47:48 CDT 2003

Hello Andrea -

Yes this is always a problem if you don't get proper accounting stop
records.

Radiator is written so that the session database is maintained firstly
by the accounting starts (insert) and accounting stops (delete), but
also by the initial access request which causes a delete on the session
database by using just the NAS-Identifier (or NAS-IP-Address) and the
NAS-Port. This is based on the "traditional" NAS model in which the
NAS-Port is unique and can only support one single connection at a
time. In addition, if your NAS equipement is supported by one of the
"NasType" options in the <Client ...> clause, you can configure that as
well which will cause Radiator to query the NAS to determine whether or
not a session marked in the session database is still actually
connected (this may require additional Perl modules and/or NAS
configuration - check the manual for details).

Hope that helps.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au