(RADIATOR) Unclosed quotation mark in SQL SessionDatabase DeleteQuery

William Hernandez whr at essnet.com
Wed Sep 17 11:26:28 CDT 2003

Hello everyone,

The following error messages appeared in radius.log:

Wed Sep 17 09:17:55 2003: ERR: do failed for 'delete from
RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='xxx.xxx.xx.x' and NASPORT=010212':
Server message number=105 severity=15 state=1 line=1 server=SQL
text=Unclosed quotation mark before the character string
'xxx.xxx.xx.x'.Server message number=170 severity=15 state=1
line=1 server=SQL text=Line 1: Incorrect syntax near
'xxx.xxx.xx.x'.

Wed Sep 17 09:17:55 2003: ERR: do failed for 'delete from
RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='xxx.xxx.xx.x' and NASPORT=010212':
Server message number=105 severity=15 state=1 line=1 server=SQL
text=Unclosed quotation mark before the character string
'xxx.xxx.xx.x'.Server message number=170 severity=15 state=1 line
1 server=SQL text=Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'xxx.xxx.xx.x'.

Our Radiator 3.3.1 is configured to use an MSSQL2000 session
database with a fallback to MySQL 3.23.49. We are using the
default DeleteQuery. The messages appeared when the SQL Server
was put temporarily offline causing Radiator to fallback to
MySQL. And disappeared when the SQL Server was put back online
and Radiator restarted.

Actually the fallback to MySQL was a recent change to radius.cfg.
Previously we only used MySQL as our session database and
everything worked fine. We now use MSSQL with a fallback to
MySQL.

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

Thanks in advance,
William