(RADIATOR) Configuring Radiator Radius server for Cisco AS5300

G. S. Rakhra gsrakhra at fewanet.com.np
Tue Sep 16 01:48:14 CDT 2003

Dear Sir,

We have recently got an E1 Line and we are using Cisco AS5300 RAS for connection. The users are authenticated thru Radiator Radius server installed on Linux 7.3 on IBM Platform. We have other one Livingston Portmaster and one Cisco 2511 Router also and both are being used for client dialup connection. There is no problem with these two devices.

The problem that we are facing with AS5300 is that we are able to connect but are not able to browse the Net. We have verified that this problem is related to authentication server by pointing the Radius server host on the RAS to some other ISP's and we were able to connect and also we were able to browse the net. If we create a user in the RAS itself and connect with that username then we were able to connect as well as ere able to browse the Internet.

Another problem is that if we connect thru our Authentication and after disconnecting the IP obtained from the RAS is not released in the PC. But if we connect with the RAS's user then  the IP is released.

I am attaching my radius configuration file as well as a radius debug file with Trace 4 level. The username tested is demopkr at fewanet.com.np

I hope to get the solution from you asap.

Thanks in Advance
G. S. Rakhra
Manager(Technical)
Fewa Net Pvt. Ltd.