(RADIATOR) 802.1x and vlan assignment

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Mon Sep 15 05:16:20 CDT 2003

Hi,

What kind of switch are you using as authenticator? For example, with a
Cisco CatOS switch the VLAN-ID is not accepted, you need to assign the
VLAN-name instead. (Cisco IOS switches use the ID-numer, as specified in
the RADIUS usage guidelines for 802.1X.)
For the newer Cisco AP1200 AP's, you also need a tag in the attribute -
otherwise the VLAN-ID is not accepted at all and the user gets the
default VLAN instead.

Regards,
Paul

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au