(RADIATOR) How does SQL Fallover work?

Dan Vande More dvm at firstlink.com
Thu Sep 11 15:30:40 CDT 2003

If the radius server cannot make a establish an application level(or below) connection to the database server, for whatever reason, it will try an alternative, or try again.
If the database gives an error, it seems to me radiator denies the authentication request but does not assume anything is wrong with the database.
This is the observed behavior of 3.3.1.
I understand the reasoning for your question, and hope this helps.
If you need something to monitor hardware failure, application failure, etc., I suggest trying Big Brother/Nagios, or any number of snmp applications.

Dan Vande More