(RADIATOR) Stop packets problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 29 15:31:01 CST 2003

Hello Rodolfo -

Missing stop packets are always a problem when trying to enforce
restrictions on simultaneous use.

The first thing to do is establish why the stop packets are missing,
and the usual reasons for this are saturated communications links
(dropped packets), incorrect configuration files, or incorrect NAS
configuration and/or bugs.

You will need to use a network packet dump utility (like tcpdump,
snoop, ethereal, ...) to find out exactly what is happening. The only
"foolproof" method of avoiding problems is to use a session database
and interogate the NAS.

This topic has been discussed many times on the mailing list:

	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au