(RADIATOR) User Login Problem Radiator

Chanaka Mendis chanakam at millenniumit.com
Thu Oct 16 06:15:43 CDT 2003

We have been using radius for last two years with LDAP authentication.
Now We need to transfer our users to ORACLE database.
Here is a subscriber table details.
But If I use radpwtst as follows user get rejected with "Bad Password"

Pls Advise on this. I have already spent a week on this.

-=---------------------------------------------------
perl /radius/Radiator/bin/radpwtst -s 192.5.4.8 -secret cisco -user
test2 -password t
perl /radius/Radiator/bin/radpwtst -s 172.25.40.38 -secret cisco -user
mikem -password fred

------------------------
SQL> desc SUBSCRIBERS_1
 ----------------------------------------- -------- --------------------
--------
 USERNAME                                  NOT NULL CHAR(50)
 PASSWORD                                           CHAR(50)
 ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD                                  CHAR(50)
 CHECKATTR                                          CHAR(200)
 REPLYATTR                                          CHAR(200)
 TIMELEFT                                           NUMBER(38)

SOme sql statments

SQL> select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS_1 where USERNAME='mikem';
PASSWORD
fred
SQL> select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS_1 where USERNAME='test2';
PASSWORD

SQL>

Here is a part of my my config file.
------------------------------
<Realm>
        <AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier checkuser
        DBSource dbi:Oracle:nss
        DBUsername      ga
        DBAuth          ga
        NoDefault
        AuthSelect select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS_1 where USERNAME=%0
        AuthColumnDef 0,User-Password, check
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>