(RADIATOR) DHCP configuration questions

Wyman Eric Miles wymanm at is.rice.edu
Thu Oct 2 13:33:20 CDT 2003

We're using the latest Radiator and ISC DHCP servers under Solaris.

I've scoured the Radiator documentation, the archives of this mailing
list, and the archives of the ISC mailing list, and haven't been able to
piece together enough useful information to answer the following:

1) We'd like to have a series of groups, each with different configuration
options -- session timeout, dynamic address IP range, password for
accessing that group, etc.

How do we define those, both in the radius.cfg and the syntax of the file
itself?

2) For each of those groups, we'd like to call upon an ISC DHCP server on
another host to assign an address appropriate to the group definition.

What's that config look like, both in radius and in dhcpd.conf?

I've experimented with ISC's class definitions, to no avail, primarily
because I can't figure out how to get Radiator to a) get the necessary
per-user config from an external file or files and b) pass it along to the
DHCP server in the proper format.

Has anyone done this?  Does anyone have any examples to share?

Wyman Miles
Manager of Infrastructure, Rice University, Texas.
(713) 348-5827, e-mail:wymanm at rice.edu, pager:wymanm at pager.rice.edu
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au