(RADIATOR) Can you use SQL if statements in radiator?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Nov 28 23:07:08 CST 2003

Hello Craig -

On 29/11/2003, at 11:50 AM, Craig Gittens wrote:

> Ok I understand how AuthBy works now.
>
> So am I correct in my understanding that if AcctColumnDef and
> AcctSQLStatement are used in the same AuthBY that the default
> AcctInsertQuery is also run?

Any AcctSQLQuery's are run in addition to what is defined by the
AcctColumnDef's.

> The question after that if the answer is yes:
> Does it do an AcctInsertQuery for more than the start record if you
> specify
> HandleAcctStatusType Start?

No. If you specify "HandleAcctStatusType Start", only Start's will be
processed. That is why you need the two AuthBy clauses.

> I don't want to break the system I already have. There doesn't seem a
> fast
> and friendly way to do what I want using radiator and every time I
> think I
> may have it solved another problem crops up with the logic!?!?! I
> guess this
> is my own fault since I don't know how to code in PERL.

I don't quite understand this. It is very simple to add a second AuthBy
SQL clause as I showed in my previous mail, why is there a problem?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au