(RADIATOR) rcrypt passwords when using AuthBy SQL

William Holmes wtholmes at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 24 12:27:10 CST 2003

Hello,

I have the following AuthBy SQL clause setup. The passwords in the
PASSWORD colunm
have the following format: {rcrypt}somehasvalue123456

I am unable to authenticate. According to 6.28.6 in the config guide it
should be
possible to use rcrypted passwords. What might I be missing.

Thanks

Bill

# This will authenticate users from SUBSCRIBERS
<Realm DEFAULT>
    <AuthBy SQL>
	# Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
	DBSource	dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
	DBUsername	afakeusername
	DBAuth	afakepassword

	# Use Rcrypt passwords ....

	RcryptKey afakercryptkey.

	# You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
	# You can add your own columns to store whatever you like
	AccountingTable	ACCOUNTING
	AcctColumnDef	USERNAME,User-Name
	AcctColumnDef	TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
	AcctColumnDef	ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
	AcctColumnDef	NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
	AcctColumnDef	NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
	AcctColumnDef	FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

	# You can arrange to log accounting to a file if the
	# SQL insert fails with AcctFailedLogFileName
	# That way you could recover from a broken SQL
	# server
	#AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting

    </AuthBy>
</Realm>
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au