(RADIATOR) MAC address?

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri May 30 21:39:07 CDT 2003

Helll Aaron,

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:01 am, Aaron Brown wrote:
> I'm currently running Radiator 3.3.1 and was wondering if anyone could
> give me an easy way to get the MAC address info that comes from my NAS?
>
> Does radiator log that anywhere?

If the MAC address is sent in a Radius request then Radiator can be configured
to log it.

> My goal here is to deny requests that don't come from the same NAS.  It
> should be simple enough with preauth hook, but I can't find the data.

If the MAC address you want is not in the Radius request, then I cant think of
any way to get to it. If its the address of the NAS that is important, you
might be able to use NAS-IP-Address, or maybe NAS-Identifier.

I suggest you run Radiator at Trace level 4 to see what radius attributes your
NAS is sending.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au