(RADIATOR) RewriteUsername question

James Nelson radiator at isleofatlantis.net
Mon May 19 17:06:20 CDT 2003

Is it possible to create a string of things to remove from usernames that are sent to my Radiator server for authentication?  We have a couple NASs that are not in our control that use prepended strings to determine which server to send the requests to, and occasionallly do not strip this off before sending it to us.  Basically, I have a list of 3 different strings (3-4 alphabetic chars plus a "." or "/" character) that might prepend a username.  This list of possibilities might change somewhat frequently, so if possible I'd like to be able to set some kind of global strings of what to filter.

Major problems I have is that the "." char is valid on our systems, so I can't just strip everything before a period, it will have to match our 3-4 letter string and a "." or 3-4 letter and a "/".  This will always be at the beginning of the usrename, if that makes it easier.  Also note that I am already using RewriteUsername to strip the realm before authenticating.

Thanks for the help,
::James Nelson