(RADIATOR) Forking handlers and responses to remote radius servers

Jason Downs downsj at downsj.com
Tue May 13 14:40:22 CDT 2003

I'm having a problem with two radiator 3.5 servers.

On server A, I have an AuthRADIUS handler configured to do accounting to
server B.

On server B, I have an AuthSQL handler.  It works properly.  When I enable
it to Fork (adding the one line of code required so that the module can,
in fact, Fork) so that it's timeout and recovery from failed SQL calls works,
server A logs the follow warning for every accounting response it gets back
from server B:

Tue May 13 12:33:45 2003: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS for request 151 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1646

The response is actually ok; the radius test client running on server A accepts
it without complaint.

It does not log these warnings when server B is not configured to Fork for
that SQL handler.  (Of course, it will no longer work properly or log to it's
AcctFailedLogFileName file when it can't reach the SQL server if it doesn't
Fork.)

I had this exact same problem with a heavily customized AuthPLATYPUS module
that also had support Fork added to it (for the same reasons).

Anyone have any ideas?

It smells like a bug in Radiator.

--
Jason Downs