(RADIATOR) Rcrypt issues

James Nelson radiator at isleofatlantis.net
Wed May 7 13:29:49 CDT 2003

I'm having some problems with supporting CHAP on the system I am setting up.  I am trying to use the rcrypt functionality so that I don't have to store plain-text passwords on our server.  However, our users are created on a seperate system that is composed almost entirely of VB, and we are trying to get it to either call the rcrypt.encypt function or to write a VB func that will do the same.

Has anyone here tried translating this func into VB, or have a detailed flow of how it does its encryption that my programmer can work with?

Alternatively, can Radiator be made to call a custom function to decrypt a password?  If so, how would this be accomplished?

Thanks for any help,
::James Nelson