(RADIATOR) logfile permission

S H A N shanali at magix.com.sg
Mon May 5 18:50:57 CDT 2003

hi,
        we are trying to run radius as user nobody group nobody and find that accounting detail file is created with user nobody group nobody but logfile is always created with user root and group nobody. (thus prevents the new logs to be registered as only the owner is given write access - which is root)

        however, when we change the user from nobody to some user say radius and group radius everything runs quiet ok.

LogDir          /usr/local/etc/bb/logdir
DbDir           /usr/local/etc/bb
AuthPort
AcctPort        1813

User            radius
Group           radius
#User            nobody
#Group           nobody

DictionaryFile  %D/dictionary
LogFile         %L/logfile-acct-%Y-%m-%d

Trace 4

<Client localhost>
        Secret          xxxxxxx
</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>
        RewriteUsername   tr/A-Z/a-z/
        AcctLogFileName %D/radacct/detail
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename %D/users
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

from /etc/passwd

nobody:*:65534:65534:Unprivileged user:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin
radius:*:1001:1001:User &:/home/radius:/sbin/nologin

system specs: FreeBSD 4.8 stable with perl 5.8 and radiator 3.5

kindly advise how can we run radiator as nobody with all the files owned to nobody.

rgds,
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au